Welcome to the University of Nebraska Kearney Calvin T. Ryan Library! In addition to serving the teaching, research and scholarly activities of UNK students, faculty and staff, we welcome the use of our collections and services by the citizens of Nebraska and researchers and scholars not affiliated with a university.
- Books and other resources are available for use in the library. Visitors may use the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) to locate library materials. UNK faculty, staff and students, Nebraska residents 18 years of age and older, and members of other Nebraska educational institutions may borrow library materials. Please visit the circulation desk for more details.
- Electronic databases may be accessed through the library Web site while in the library. Remote access to these resources is limited to UNK students, faculty and staff.
- Reference librarians are available to provide research assistance, help locate library materials and show visitors how to access and search online collections.
- Photocopiers, Printers and Scanners are available throughout the library. Most copiers and networked printers accept UNK Cards and Copy Cards. Copiers also accept cash. Copy Cards can be purchased from the Loper Teller machine in the library coffee shop. The cards cost $1.00, but have no value when dispensed. Money must be added to the card using the same Loper Teller. Public scanners are also available throughout the library. Please ask at the nearest service desk for assistance or more information. Refunds will only be given to patrons for library equipment malfunctions or system errors. For information about refunds click here.
- Library Computers may be used by visitors in the library. UNK students, faculty and staff have priority in the use of computers.
- Wireless access: Eduroam is available to UNK faculty, staff and students using their EASI credentials. UNK Guest is a free service intended for use by visitors requiring short-term access to the wireless network to perform general Internet activities. To access UNK Guest simply select it from your list of available networks.
- Disability access: The Calvin T. Ryan Library is committed to providing access to our collections, resources, and services to all library users, including those with physical and learning disabilities. Please contact the Library if you require assistance.
- Request for Tours/School Group visits: The library offers tours of the building and collections for individuals and groups, as well as special presentations for school groups. For more information or to help us plan for your visit, please contact Dr. Ron Wirtz, (308-865-8592 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Parking: Visitor parking is available Monday through Friday at designated lots. Closer parking may be available Monday through Friday after 5pm and on weekends, but availability varies. Check the UNK Police and Parking Services website for more information.