The University of Nebraska at Kearney is dedicated to affording students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities the opportunity to participate in the university's academic and non-academic activities by providing access and reasonable accommodations in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 794) or section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12132), which states in part, "no qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of a public entity, or be subjected to discrimination by any such entity." The Calvin T. Ryan Library provides access and services in support of this goal.
- The library entrance is equipped with automatic door openers and a wheelchair ramp.
- Accessible restrooms and water fountains are available on all three floors.
- Two elevators allow access to the lower and upper levels of the library.
- Computers, photocopiers, scanners and printers are available to all library patrons.
The Calvin T. Ryan Library is committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please use our comments form, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
Our website is built using Hypertext Markup Language Five (HTML 5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), according to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards. It is designed to comply with our own accessibility standards, in line with recognized best practices.
For example, our website follows the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Reference offers assistance in library research, citations, online searching, locating materials, and use of adaptive technology.
- Special assistance may be requested from Public Services staff for book retrieval and copying or printing assistance. Please enquire at the circulation desk.
- Interlibrary Loan can borrow items from other libraries.
- Patrons that need help using accessibility software built into Windows can request training through:
Jane Petersen, Assistant Director Instructional Technology Services