Borrow library materials
UNK students, faculty and staff, Nebraska residents age 18 and older, and members of other Nebraska educational institutions may borrow library materials. No name, address, or other borrower information contained in any circulation records will be revealed to other persons except under conditions as stated in the “Library Privacy Policies.”
UNK students, faculty and staff must present a valid ID card issued by the University. Students and faculty of other Nebraska institutions must present a valid ID card issued by their institution to obtain a special borrower card. Community users must present a valid picture ID issued by the State of Nebraska to obtain a special borrower card. Special borrower cardholders are limited to checking out five items at one time (periodicals excluded). ID cards are not transferable. Borrowers are responsible for all library materials checked out in their name.
|28 Days||7 Days||2 Days||Non-Circulating|
|Book Collection||Microfiche||Periodicals||Archives/Special Collections|
|Children's Books||Microfiche Readers||Microfilm|
|Curriculum Materials/Media||Red Tag Gov’t Documents||Newspapers|
Renew ItemsLibrary materials may be renewed once before the due date by one of these four options:
- Bring materials to the Circulation Desk
- Request a renewal at the Circulation Desk
- Call the Circulation Desk at (308) 865-8599
- Renew online in your library account.
- Interlibrary Loan materials, items already renewed one time, and items which have a hold or recall placed on them may not be renewed.
Returning materialsLibrary material may be returned in the book drop at the Circulation Desk or in the book drop at the library entrance.
Recalls and Holds
These are two options for requesting checked out library materials.
- A recall may be requested on overdue or renewed items.
- Holds may be placed at anytime during an item’s loan period by requesting assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- Users requesting a hold or recall will be notified by email when the item is returned.
If a library item is not on the shelf, and is not checked out, you may request a search for the item at the Circulation Desk by providing the following iformation:
- call number
- author of the item
- your contact information.
When the item is located, you will be notified by e-mail and the item will be held at the Circulation Desk for seven days.
Reciprocal Borrowing Policy
Reciprocal borrowing is a policy whereby faculty, staff and students of cooperating college & university libraries in Nebraska may borrow library materials at other cooperating libraries.