Library Policies related to COVID-19
- The Calvin T. Ryan Library will be limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- Non-UNK users are restricted to access by appointment only, with the expectation that those requesting appointments have a need that can only be met in person at the UNK Library.
- Masks/Face Guards covering the mouth and nose, in accordance with current UNK campus guidelines, must be worn at all times when in public places in the building.
- No food or drinks are to be brought into the building.
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed.
- Posted Occupancy numbers should be observed.
- Posted guidelines regarding use of tables and other study areas should be followed.
- Books and other resources are available for use in the library. Visitors may use the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) to locate library materials. UNK faculty, staff and students, Nebraska residents 18 years of age and older, and members of other Nebraska educational institutions may borrow library materials. Please visit the circulation desk for more details.
- Electronic databases may be accessed through the library Web site while in the library. Remote access to these resources is limited to UNK students, faculty and staff.
- Reference librarians are available to provide research assistance, help locate library materials and show visitors how to access and search online collections.
The software and technology guide covers available technology resources such as: software, printers, copiers, scanners, computer labs and wireless access.
- Library Computers may be used by visitors in the library. UNK students, faculty and staff have priority in the use of computers.
- Disability access: The Calvin T. Ryan Library is committed to providing access to our collections, resources, and services to all library users, including those with physical and learning disabilities. Please contact the Library if you require assistance.
- Request for Tours/School Group visits: The library offers tours of the building and collections for individuals and groups, as well as special presentations for school groups. For more information or to help us plan for your visit, please contact Lindsay Brownfield.
- Parking: Visitor parking is available Monday through Friday at designated lots. Closer parking may be available Monday through Friday after 5pm and on weekends, but availability varies. Check the UNK Police and Parking Services website for more information.